Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tobago or Bust

We will go to Tobago on Aug 19-22 to find an apartment. Our target date for moving there is September 23. We are in the process of preparing for the move. We will need to train replacements before we go. That becomes the major problem. We aren't sure who will take our place. It seems most couples aren't interested in the office. All of the couples now coming to the West Indies Mission have been recruited and they don't fit the office couple mold. If a mission recruits, they aren't assigned couples from the pool putting in their papers. I may be doing travel from Tobago! Of course, this isn't our first choice. We will be teaching seminary and institute in the fall if we can get a class together. We are taking the training in preparation. The branch had 11 active members a couple of months ago, but that has doubled or tripled in the last 2 months. It will be an exciting challenge to grow the branch.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

How exciting! You guys will be such a blessing to the branch you are going to. I think it sure speaks to your willingness to serve that you may even continue doing the travel plans from Tobago if necessary. Thanks for your good example of always being willing to do what needs to be done!

Laurene Ross said...

I am so excited for you guys.What an example of being ready to serve in whatever capacity you are needed in. We have been praying that you will be able to teach someone the gospel. Blake has written a letter and I don't have your address, could you e-mail this to us?

ShelleyG said...

It is funny how growing up in your family, I just assumed that everyone was as willing to serve as the two of you are. It still surprises me when people turn things down. I am glad you have set this example for us. It is right for us to be ready to heed whatever call the Lord gives us. What matters is our willing hearts.

I have had great experiences doing whatever I have been called to do-even when I am not sure I am up to it. The Lord always makes up the difference for our shortcomings when we are willing to accept the call from Him. I am so excited and proud of you! Some of my favorite missionary times were in places where the church was brand new (Newfoundland) and the Branch was so teachable and eager.