Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weed eaters

The weed eater is a hot item on island. Crews go all over and keep the grass down along the roadways. It is difficult to get a picture of them in action because they stop when you get near enough for a picture. Also, the people here do not like their picture taken. I snapped this from my driveway and some of them turned and looked up at me even though I was quite a ways away. I expected someone to asked why I took the picture as I walked passed them on my morning walk (6:30 am). We have observed several times tourists being rebuked for taking photos of the local people. I was questioned when I took pictures of the construction at the end of our road.

It is awesome to watch the skill of the operators of the weed eaters. They can make a lawn look like it was professionally mowed and manicured. We have seen them mow down huge fields of waist high grass with the end results a beautifully mowed hill, since it is very hilly here we don't seen may flat yards. The hilly terrain is part of the reason we see very few lawn mowers.

1 comment:

Laurene Ross said...

I wish I could be so skilled as that, but I am hoping Jack and Sam will acquire said skill from their Dad.